26.1.11

2011 - Day 26

Gracious movements from afar
Imagination running,
This dancer prances close to me
Shes absolutely stunning.
One moment more the lights go dim
Her silhouette so fragile,
She twists, she turns, leaps, tumbles, rolls,
Magnificently agile.
An instant more and then she stops
Time freezes all that breathes,
Her shadow inches close to me
A sound like rustled leaves.
I can only stare as IT
Moves swiftly to my side,
And from It's dark reflecting eyes
I feel It's immortal cries.
So lonely it must be to dance
Eternity and more,
When all eyes look above to HER
And never to the floor
Her shadow, IT, so silent weeps
It tells me of It's flaw,
That at night It stands up straight
But it's light that makes It crawl.
A circular problem, for when it's dark
No eyes can catch a glimpse,
But when there's light It's flattened out
Cannot rise even an inch.
Destined to forever dance
Among the grass and flowers,
It crawls back to the dancing girl
With grace yet lacking power.
They float away into the mist
Their movements so astounding,
But now instead of admiring Her
I watch the beauty of the ground-Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment