17.6.13

Back in Action

Well hello again, it's been far too long.

After roughly an 18 month hiatus, I have decided that my creative semi-prowess has been bottled up long enough and thus I shall use this blog as an outlet once again. It's not that I stopped writing, it's that after 365 straight days of pumping out poems, I fell into a mode where I could and would just write at my own pace, not at the pace of the Earth as it spins on it's axis around the incredible radiant star known as the Sun. No, it turns out that creativity cannot and should not be dictated, it should simply flow from within.

I wrote many other poems in the past 18 months, the majority (if not all) directed towards a woman who fell into my life as 2011 came to a close. While her emergence into my life directly correlates with the disengagement of this very blog, that is not to say that she is uninspiring; quite the opposite. She is and has been my Muse from the very beginning, helping to funnel my creative energy in a multitude of ways. It just took me a year and a half to realize that this blog is a fun way to get my thoughts out in the mental datasphere.

The first activity that I wanted to try out, and something that I hope is successful enough that I will want to continue doing, it, stems from a fairly simple game called Baffle Gab. The idea of this game is to write a (very) short story beginning with a 'famous line' of some sort and using a mix of 5 adjectives, verbs and/or nouns. I'm going to give myself 10 minutes for each story, stopping as soon as the time is up. There's not much more than that. I'm going to call this activity #qwikRite **highly subject to change since that's dumb and the first thing that came to my head.

So, I begin my reemergence into the blogger world with a constructive game to help get those creative juices flooowwiinnnn.

-TB

No comments:

Post a Comment