18.6.13

Out of the Dark #qwikRite

Famous Line: Out of the dark we came, into the...
Five words to use: SCRUNCH, GABBY, SCAR, POUNCE, TRUMPET
10 minutes...BEGIN

Out of the dark we came, into the burning sun. We had been below the Earth's surface for more than a year now, and the initial impact of the Sun's powerful energy nearly swept us off of our feet. It was as though a bomb had exploded within my mind; a surge of hot white radiation blew through me, causing myself and the others to freeze where we stood, as motionless as the statues that surrounded us. The wind whipped across our faces and bodies, and we came to realize that we had a lot less strength than we had thought.

Normally Charlize would play her TRUMPET to signal first rise, which meant that it was time to inject the gruel into our belly buttons, but not today. After weeks of voyage up the gargantuan underground passageway leading away from our beloved citadel, we finally reached the surface of the planet, something our kind had not done for a long time. Normally, we are a GABBY race, lots to talk and think about, lots of emotion to relay to one another. On this day, our minds were silent, uncomprehending of the world around us.

In the shadows of the enormous God-like statues, I saw something equally large lurking. Frightened but intrigued, I managed to take a step in the direction of the mysterious creature. It moved slowly, and I felt it's eyes watching me all along. And then suddenly it POUNCED, it's massive body hurling through the air until it landed on poor Charlize, who had not a moment to realize what was happening. The SCRUNCH Charlize's bones made beneath the creature was also, something that will haunt my dreams forever. It then rushed at me, and would have destroyed me if I hadn't stumbled over broken marble and onto a wet marshy patch in the ground. Still, the creature clawed my face in passing, which was sure to leave a memorable SCAR across my forehead. On the ground, I tried to think of my next move, but couldn't, probably because there wasn't enough time to think of an escape plan. I leapt off the floor

...END


Wow that was pretty fun! didn't think I'd get all the words in either!!

So this 'Baffle Gab' game is sort of directed towards famous children's literature, which I wasn't aware of. Not  that I knew where the famous line in this piece came from. I used what it gave me (it gives you a piece of the famous line), but to finish the famous line, it goes "Out of the dark we came, into the dark we go". From King Solomon's Mines, by H. Rider Haggard.

-TB



No comments:

Post a Comment